If you cook like I do, the best meals are made with a worthy playlist. “Worthy” to me is a bunch of mellow songs, with a few songs screaming for interpretive dance, and ein bißchen Deutschen Musik. (Mein Grammatik is sehr schlecht, es tut mir leid!)
Anyway, I love singing along to classics, and playing funky new songs, and dancing around my kitchen while I cook. If you enjoy those as well, this playlist might be for you. Enjoy! 🙂
1/2 1lb box of pasta, cooked according to package
1/2 sweet pepper minced
2 stalks celery, finely chopped
1/2 small onion, finely chopped
5 sweet pickle slices, minced
1/3 cup sweet peas
1 15.5 oz can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1/2 C reduced fat Vegenaise
3 TBSP apple cider vinegar
1 tsp organic sugar
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp celery seed
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
1. Cook pasta, rinse with cold water and drain
2. Chop veggies
3. Pulse chickpeas in a food processor – keep it chunky!
4. In a medium sized bowl, mix together Vegenaise, ACV, sugar, paprika, celery seed, black pepper, and salt
5. Add veggies and pulsed chickpeas, mixing thoroughly; fold in pasta
Notes: I prefer shells, but any small macaroni works well. Other additions to jazz this up are grated carrots, shredded and chopped red cabbage, green onion, and (finely minced) radish. Any plant based mayo will work for this recipe, too (including whipped avocado)!
* say goodbye to your willpower, this mac salad is dangerously yummy!