Above: lemon pepper tofu, sliced bartlett pear, diced cucumber, and plain hummus sprinkled with chia and flax seed over baby kale.
Lemon pepper tofu:
- press extra firm tofu to rid of excess water
- marinade in lemon juice, olive oil (or oil preference), black pepper, and pink salt
- in a small fry pan, heat tofu over medium heat until golden brown
Other ingredient ideas:
- protein – maple chili tofu, orange sesame tempeh, curried chickpeas
- fruit – strawberries, apples, plums, figs, pineapple
- vegetables – oyster mushrooms, beets, roasted fennel, artichoke hearts
- crunch – walnuts, almonds, pecans, sunflower seeds
- base – red cabbage, bibb lettuce, romaine
- dressing – avocado, fruit salsa
Salads can get very boring, very fast. Changing up ingredients, from choice of greens, to protein, to vegetables and fruit, makes a huge difference in creating a tasty salad. The next time you consider salad for lunch, remember your options – salads don’t have to be boring to be healthy!